Q. What is a PDF Sewing Pattern?
A. Rain City's PDF Sewing Patterns are digital sewing patterns that you can download and either print at home, print at a store or project onto your fabric.
Q. How do I sew a PDF Sewing Pattern?
A. Rain City's PDF Sewing Patterns includes detailed sewing instructions. Depending on your learning style you can either read the PDF version of the instruction or watch a video tutorial.
Q. Where can I find the sewing videos?
A. Each of Rain City's sewing tutorials can be found on each patterns listing page here as well as at Rain City's YouTube channel.
Q. I'm new to sewing are Rain City's PDF Sewing Patterns easy to use?
A. Yes, Rain City's PDF Sewing Patterns are the best sewing patterns for the beginner because of the easy to understand directions and clear photos, plus video tutorials.
Q. Does Rain City have a Facebook sewing community?
A. Yes! Join our sewing community Rain City Pattern Company PDF Sewing Patterns.
Q. What do I need to start using PDF Sewing Patterns at home?
A. Rain City's patterns come with 3 different pattern piece files. You can choose which option is best for you.
- A4/US Letter Pattern Pieces for at home printing: To print at home you need a printer, paper and Adobe Reader.
- A0 Format Pattern Pieces for printing at a store or online. I recommend printing A0 at PDF Plotting.com
- Projector Pattern Pieces for at home projecting. To project your pattern pieces you'll need a projector. For more information about projecting patterns join the Facebook group Projectors For Sewing.
Q. How do I assemble the Print At Home pattern pieces?
A. Rain City's pages are set up to be trim-less. This means you won't need to cut your pages before assembling them. To assemble you will butt the pages up to each other at either the red line or the blue line (depending on if you are using A4 or US Letter sized paper) and then tape them together.
For more detail on how to assemble the pages watch this short video.
Q. What are Layers and how do I use them?
A. Layers are used to organize the sizes on the pages. With the layers feature you can hide the sizes you don't want to see. This makes cutting out only the size you want so simple.
To use the layers feature in Adobe Reader:
- Open the pattern piece file in Adobe Reader.
- Select the Layers Icon.
- If you do not see the Layers Icon, go to View - Show/Hide - Navigation Panes - Layers.
- The “EYE” in the blocks means that you can see what is on that layer.
- Unselect the EYE for all sizes you do not want to see.
- Always keep the EYE on KEEP SELECTED and PAGE NUMBERS.
- Unselect the EYE for the paper size (Letter or A4) that you’re not using.
Q. How do I contact Rain City for support?
A. If you need help or more information send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org