This is a PDF Pattern which includes an extensive instruction for a face cover and twist headband with buttons.
This mask will not protect against viruses but may help the spread of viruses similar to if you covered your mouth when sneezing or coughing.
The button headband helps to relieve the stress the elastic puts on the ears.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This is a digital product, not a finished garment, and cannot be returned/refunded.
What you get:
You get a zipped file that includes the following:
- Vivid, clear and high quality picture tutorial depicting each step.
- Easy to understand language and definitions.
- Video tutorials for sewing and pattern page assembly.
A0 paper size pattern pieces
- Pattern pieces that you print at a store.
- Layers Feature
Trimless (no cut) Letter and A4 size pattern pieces
- Pattern pieces that you print at home.
- Pages do not need to be trimmed to assemble.
- Layers Feature
- US Letter and A4 paper compatible
Optimized Projector File
- 1" grid layer for calibration.
- 4 cm grid layer for calibration.
- Big and bold readable text.
- Large margins for easy scrolling.
Access to Rain City's inclusive sewing support and community Facebook Group
- Human Rights are not up for debate in Rain City's sewing group. In this group: Black Lives Matter, science is real, no person is illegal, love is love, trans rights matter. While you may not agree with what Rain City stands for to be a member of this group you must be mindful to respect the beliefs of this group.
- Join us in our Facebook sewing group! Share your creations, ask questions, be the first to know about tester calls and more!
Beginner - Able to sew a straight stitch and zig zag with a sewing machine.
Variations & Sizes:
Sewn in Elastic
Threaded Through Elastic
5 Minutes for mask or headband
10 Minutes for both
Tools & Materials:
Required Tools & Materials:
Adobe Reader + Printer + Paper + Tape
16” of elastic cord or 1/8” wide elastic or 1/4” wide elastic
Needle and thread for elastic cord
Fabric Chalk/Marker or other method to mark the fabric
Sewing Machine + Universal Needles + Thread
Pins or Clips
Scissors or Rotary Wheel with Cutting Mat
Woven fabric is recommended for the Face Cover (mask)
- Type: Quilter's Cotton
- Fiber Content: 100% Cotton
Knit fabric is recquired for the Button Headband
- Type: Knit Fabric
- Fiber Content: 95% Cotton/5% Spandex
Files are locked. You are not purchasing editable files.
File sharing of the PDF pattern, including the instruction and pattern pieces, is prohibited. However, it's totally fine to sell what you've made using this pattern. Just remember no file sharing.
To purchase a pattern you are required to create an account. This is so that you don't need to worry about losing your pattern because it will be safely stored in your account here at Rain City. In addition to that whenever there is an update to a pattern you've purchased you will have direct access to it in your account. How great is that, right?
Copyright 2019 Rain City Pattern Company, Lions & Tigers & Blair LLC, All Rights Reserved